Sunday, July 19, 2009

Brayden's in England

Ok so I have no pictures for this because Curt had the camera with him at Youth Conference. Yesterday, July 18th I took Brayden to the airport and dropped him off to catch a plane to London, England to go do what he loves most.. play soccer. He has been raising money for about 9 months and yesterday was finally the big day. I walked him in and got his boarding pass and got his luggage checked then as he started being silly with his 14 buddies i said my good byes and left him in the hands of my two good friends. He was so excited that it was hard to be sad but as I walked off i shed a little tear. I wish that I would have went to experience it with him but that was alot of money that I would have rather used to take my whole family on a nice trip. He won't be alone, thats for sure. We have known most of these people since Brayden was 7 and i know he is in good hands. He will be playing soccer on the Manchester United soccer fields and playing games for one week then he will tour around London the last week. I had to get him some money in pounds to spend and he is so far away that it seems crazy that he is gone but I hope he remembers this for the rest of his life. I am now realizing how much he helped around here with the kids and he has been gone for only one day. He was really cute and left his brother and sister a little note saying they could have his room while he was gone and that he loved them. So cute. He will be missed but I know he will be having so much fun and that it wil fly by. I will post his pictures on here when he gets home.

6 comments:

Candis said...

I got a little watery eyed as I read this. You don't really realize how much you really miss them until there gone. I cried at least 2 times at Powell because I missed my kids. It's a mom thing.

Heidi said...

Oh, I am so excited for him...that the day is finally here! I hope he has such a great time and I'm sure he will remember this for the rest of his life. But if it were me...I would have shed more than just a little tear...it would have been a river.

DeAnna said...

He is a very deserving kid....very good and very sweet! I'm happy for him....and I bet he WILL remember it forever! You guys were really smart to have him earn money for the trip because it will mean more to him that way too! Kari, you should definitely come over soon...bring the whole family if you want. Curtis loved our "high class weeds" :) he is so funny! :)

kdance10 said...

Y ai too got a little teary eyed. I sure love that kid. I saw his note to jake today it was so cute.

Kamee said...

Oh, that's so sweet. I'm teary eyed for you.

Elder Alex Petersen said...

I bet he is having so much fun! I am so jealous that he is in England! I can't wait to see pictures!!