So yesterday was the first day of school and I am sad. I am sad that summer is over and the playing has to stop. Jake is starting 3rd grade and says it is boring. He said all they did was color on the first day which sounds fun to me but Jake is not thrilled to be starting school again.

This was taken this morning, I just wanted another picture of them. Jake was more excited for school today because he found out yesterday that he had a bunch of friends in his class.

My baby started the 1st grade and i am sad and happy! I wished for this day many timed when the kids were smaller and now that it is here I am a little sad that my kids are growing up WAY too fast. Madi really wanted her hair straightened for her first day. I am no good at doing girl hair but she was happy with it. I am never as good as aunt Kaycee but hey... she will take what she can get, right?

I really can't believe I have an 8th grader, WOW do I feel old. What a stud he is and I am so proud of him. He was really excited for school but mostly because all the girls dress up and look there best on the first day of school he said. Lol

I started a new job after 13 years with Smith's, which is very scary but so far I am loving it and it will be so much better for my family. I now have all three kids in school full time but instead of really enjoying the quiet time and being bored i am sure, I will work from 9am til 3 so it will be perfect. I will be home in the evenings with the kids to do dinner, homework and bedtime. I also can be the one to attend soccer games and practices which are held in the evenings. I have been working with Bell Photographers for 3 weeks now and am happy and excited for the changes that are taking place in my life.
7 comments:
Your kids are SO cute and Madison's hair looked pretty! Chloe started preschool yesterday, and I agree, I looked forward to starting the process and now I am kind of sad. I am excited you are liking your new job too. We for sure need to get together again soon for bowling and you can tell me all about it!
Sooo...when is our first family photo shoot? I didn't know you had this new job. I hope you are doing well. I am looking forward to when all my kids are in school, but am sure I will be sad when that time comes as well.
Go Kari! You are awesome....good for you! What a wonderful wife and mom you are!
Oh i sure have the cutest neice & nephews in town. I sure love you kiddos. And i was glad i got to watch jake & madi for awhile after there first day of school.
Thats too funny! I remember last years post of this so I just looked at the one from last year, I cant believe it's been a year already! How quick time flies, look how happy they are to start school =) The carefree days huh!
Your kids are so cute and getting sooo big. Time really does fly by...I didn't know you got a new job. That is really cool...is it the Bell Photography that is on 89? How are you liking it?
The first day of school is always so exciting! Madi's hair looks really cute:) Glad you like your new job, that's awesome it works around the school schedule. Let me know if you need help picking up on short days or whenever K:)
Post a Comment