Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy 13th Birthday Son!

Well I can't believe I am the mom of a teenager. How time flies, I delivered Brayden on Jan. 20th 1996 at 11:51 pm. He wasn't going to come easy, he was determined to go shoulder first but after a loooong day in the hospital he made his way into the world. What a great day and he has been just a great boy ever since.
This is him at about 9 months. He liked the soccer ball then and has one with him all the time to this day. Anyone that knows my nephew Jace then you will realize they look so much alike.

This is him today with Jake and Madison. He is a HUGE tease and likes to hear Jake cry sometimes but he really is a huge help and they adore and look up to their big brother alot.


He was about 4 here. We had alot of fun together even when he was young he would just go wherever I did.



I love you Brayden and you are the best son I could have ever asked for. I have enjoyed being your mom for the last 13 years and hope you enjoy hanging out with your old mom in 13 more. Thanks for always helping with your little brother and sister and being willing to help around the house. I enjoy watching you play soccer and basketball and i just think you are the best little athlete. You are good at whatever you try and your so smart in school. If only I could get you away from your cell phone! Ok so you can all tell that I am a very proud mom and so I am done but just want to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to my sister in law, brother in law and grandpa Earl, they also share a birthday with Brayden .
Also , on a different note, I want to write a little something about Curt's mom. I never had the chance to have her as a mother in law because she passed away 9 years ago today. Curt and I were engaged so she knew we would be married but passed away 2 months before we were married. She was a wonderful lady and I know that my kids would have LOVED there grandma Maureen. She was a wonderful mom to Curt and I am thankful that she raised such an awesome man. I wish I had the chance to get to know her better and have her in our lifes.



5 comments:

kdance10 said...

Yep! You made me cry.

Briana said...

I remember when Brayden was just little. I can't believe he is 13 now. Crazy!!! He is a great kid and I am proud to have him as a nephew.

Elder Alex Petersen said...

That was an awesome blog sis. I love the pics of Braydo when he was 9 months, him and Jace look so much alike, and the one with him boating, thats in dad's old boat =) I was just telling Bray that I was 12 when he was born haha. I love you and your family so much!

jaclyn said...

wow, a teenager! that's crazy.

Candis said...

You are such a good mom!